.

Awareness, and to Stop Child Sexual Abuse and Child Abuse, committed by the catholic church, nuns and priest
and other Denomination Worldwide

Please be advised that some may find stories here Highly Uncomfortable & Upsetting to read.
" You shall Know the Truth and the Truth Will Set You Free.”

17 April 2015

Are we exploiting our grandparents? Three Irish Grannies share their experiences

A new TILDA study reveals that providing more than 60 hours of childcare a month can have an impact on the health of grandparents.  There are peals of baby laughter and fond exclamations of "Ah, just one more", coming from my kitchen where granny and granddad are in full child-minding mode.
Sitting at my laptop, part of me feels sad that I'm missing whatever is causing such merriment, while another part of me suspects that my eight-month-old almost definitely shouldn't be having "just one more" of whatever's on offer out there. It's true - when grandparents enter a room, discipline flies out the window.

http://www.independent.ie/life/family/parenting/are-we-exploiting-our-grandparents-three-irish-grannies-share-their-experiences-31139205.html