.

Awareness, and to Stop Child Sexual Abuse and Child Abuse, committed by the catholic church, nuns and priest
and other Denomination Worldwide

Please be advised that some may find stories here Highly Uncomfortable & Upsetting to read.
" You shall Know the Truth and the Truth Will Set You Free.”

3 October 2014

Commission to Inquire into Child Abuse Third Interim Report December 2003

Just short of two years ago, a witness who was giving evidence to the Investigation Committee was asked by my colleague, Dr. Imelda Ryan, why she had chosen to come to the Commission. She replied as follows:
‘‘The reason why I came before the Commission is that I read an article to sort of say that the Government were very, very sorry and that there was going to be an inquiry into it and I felt that’s fine, but is this inquiry going to be amongst the politicians or will it involve the actual people who went through what we’ve gone through. And I was given the opportunity of going either for the [Investigation Committee or the Confidential Committee]. And I thought, well I need to face up. I need to move on. I need to tell it how it was because no one believed me when I was younger. Will they believe me now? It is my opportunity to sort of say how it was. Also, the anger I feel because the Government who was in charge of my care failed me miserably. I hadn’t done anything wrong. I hadn’t committed a crime. So why? Why did they subject me to such degradation and humiliation? What’s done is done. It must never, ever, ever, ever be allowed to happen again’’.