.

Awareness, and to Stop Child Sexual Abuse and Child Abuse, committed by the catholic church, nuns and priest
and other Denomination Worldwide

Please be advised that some may find stories here Highly Uncomfortable & Upsetting to read.
" You shall Know the Truth and the Truth Will Set You Free.”

22 June 2015

Three Signs It’s a Sexual Abuse Cover-Up and Not Just an Innocent Misunderstanding

In yesterday’s installment in this series on preventing and stopping sexual abuse, I created three pairs of fictional scenarios.  Scene A was a typical case of ordinary parish life mishaps; Scene B was covert sexual abuse.  Today I want to explain how I crafted those pairs, and what the hallmarks of covert abuse were that I put into all the Scene B’s.
Let’s pause here and encourage you to read up on this subject elsewhere.  My analysis below isn’t based on statistical modeling, and I don’t have academic credentials to hand you.  This is just me taking what I’ve seen and heard, both from my own experience with sexual abuse cases (limited) and reading and listening to the accounts of others.  I’m writing what I am not because I’m the world’s expert, but because this topic is so important that you can’t just sit around hoping someone more impressive will come along and answer all the questions.  I hope they will.  But meanwhile, we who’ve been in the trenches just share what we know.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/jenniferfitz/2015/06/three-signs-its-a-sexual-abuse-cover-up-and-not-just-an-innocent-misunderstanding/